About - Careers - Director, Policy for Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory
Director, Policy for Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory
Join the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) and promote innovation worldwide as the Director, Policy for Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory!
At ITI we advocate for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. Our members represent the entire spectrum of technology: from internet companies, to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
As the Director, Policy for Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory reporting to the Senior Director of Policy, Environment and Sustainability in Washington DC, you will direct programs and activities on behalf of the preeminent global companies in the information and communications technology (ICT) sector. As a key member of the ITI Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory team, the Director develops and advocates positions on domestic and international policies related to energy efficiency and other environmental priorities throughout the full product life-cycle. The prime focus of the position involves working with the ITI membership to develop and promote policies to advance globally consistent product energy efficiency regimes.
The Director, Policy will lead also ITI’s product sustainability engagement in Asia and Latin America and will, as appropriate, work with the ES&R Team to support broader sector initiatives on product priorities, including industry efforts to drive global alignment of product materials content regulations and regional electronics recycling programs.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving the development and achievement of industry policy positions in the areas of product energy efficiency (including ENERGY STAR, APEC and other global initiatives). Devise and execute strategies to achieve ITI objectives.
- Providing staff support for the ITI Energy Efficiency Committee, and overall support to the Environment, Sustainability and Regulatory function. Coordinate as appropriate with other ITI staff, including the ITI Government Relations team and the ITI External Affairs team to achieve defined objectives.
- Providing thought leadership and support to leading IT companies in relation to established and emerging energy and environmental priorities across the full product life-cycle.
- Representing ITI as an expert and resource before domestic and international governments, business groups and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on association-formulated energy and environmental policy positions.
- Working closely with colleagues from the ITI Policy team, other ITI teams, and ITI member companies to anticipate emerging trends and craft responsive strategies in relation to product issues.
- Coordinating product energy policy and related life-cycle advocacy efforts with the ITI membership, allied trade associations and other stakeholders.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in public policy, law, business, or a related field preferred.
- Experience working on the product ES&R issues identified above, whether or not in the ICT context.
- A good network of relationships in the ICT policy community in the United States and other global markets, including relationships with key government stakeholders for this issue portfolio.
- Ability to quickly understand, digest and communicate complex policy concepts to ITI colleagues, company representatives and policymaker audiences.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience on relevant policy issues, preferably in a trade association, business, advocacy or government setting. Prior information and communications technology (ICT) experience a plus.
- Experience in government affairs and public policy, including industry affairs and coalition building.
- Fluency in multiple languages is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including public policy and political analysis.
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Commitment, extreme professionalism and reliability.
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- The ability to prioritize numerous projects and meet deadlines.
- Sound political judgement.
- A good sense of humor.
- Excellent health benefits
- Generous paid time off plus office closure from December 25th through January 1st
- Fitness center
- Commuter benefits
- A great work environment
- And, much more!
Are you a good match?
Submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, resume, and salary requirements.
ITI is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace. We encourage diversity and do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status or any legally protected characteristics.