Policy - Industry Standards
With manufacturers, suppliers and customers in every significant global market, the technology sector continues to grow and fuel societal and economic progress worldwide. Market-driven, private sector-led standards are a core component of that success, providing technical criteria and instructions for methods and approaches that enable different technologies to connect and interoperate. This in turn helps spur the creation of even more innovative products and services.
Global information and communications technology (ICT) standards create value and aggregate markets through technology diffusion, increased productivity, and interoperability. A diverse, nimble ICT standards ecosystem is fundamental to today’s thriving, rapidly evolving global technology environment, enabling innovators and product developers to choose the best solution to meet their needs and to freely revise that choice in response to inevitable changes in technology and market conditions.
A decentralized, voluntary, market-driven standardization system has worked extremely well and will continue to empower ICT innovators to revolutionize the way we work, learn, and play.
- Written Testimony of ITI President and CEO Dean Garfield before a U.S. House of Representatives hearing entitled "Wassenaar: Cybersecurity and Export Control" (January 11, 2016)
- ITI Views on Global ICT Standards (November 13, 2015)
- ITI Views on Intellectual Property Rights in Standards (November 12, 2015)
- ITI Views on Open Standards and Open Source Software (November 11, 2015)
- ITI Views on Reliance on Global ICT Standards & Respect for Copyrights (November 10, 2015)
Ensuring Technology Serves as a Force for Good (March 06, 2019)
It’s easy to forget just how much technology has changed our world and our lives. A little more than a decade ago, a small business owner relied on foot traffic from local customers rather than web visits ...
ITI Hires Two to Grow Its Public Affairs Team (September 30, 2018)
WASHINGTON – ITI, the global voice of the tech sector, announced today that Jennie Westbrook Courts and Clare Sahin joined its public affairs team as vice president of external affairs and manager of state ...